Considering the growing demand for the Asian market for microcrystalline cellulose (MCC), this company turned to Boccard for the piping package for its new plant in Rayong, Thailand.
Microcrystalline Cellulose (MCC) is a wood pulp extracted from various plants, it is widely used as a texturizing agent, anti-caking agent, filler and emulsifier. As a natural polymer, the MCC excipient is perfect for food or medicine.
In September 2013, Boccard Romania won the tender for the piping package for this company’s plant in Rayong, Thailand.
For this project, the total length of the piping circuits exceeds 6 km, more than 1000 pipe supports and more than 100 process equipment (reactors of 15 tons each, tanks with agitators, pumps, heat exchangers, mixers, filters of feed, separators, vacuum, a full generation of reverse osmosis water purification and others).
Learn more about our solutions for industries
Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology ?
180 000 hours
More than 120 people involved
EQUIPMENT AND SERVICES PROVIDED
- Drawing of the execution plans of the piping circuits (isometric and support)
- Manufacture of pipes and supports
- Installation of pipes, supports and equipment (reactors, pumps, tanks, filters, etc.)
- Hydraulic tests and overhaul
- Pre-commissioning assistance