ArcelorMittal in Ghent, Belgium has 2 blast furnaces which form the heart of their production. Blast furnaces operate for 20 to 25 years, after which the refractory lining must be renewed.
Our teams intervened for the repair of blast furnace B. They carried out basic and detailed studies of the cooling circuits, gas washing circuits and a granulation circuit outside the square tower.
The new blast furnace is more efficient in terms of fuel consumption thanks to the recycling of wood waste as well as the injection of waste gases and plastic .
Learn more about our solutions for industries
STEEL & MINING ?
12 months of intervention
Around 5,000 tonnes of steel and 3,000 tonnes of refractory materials were used for the blast furnace
265 kilometers of electrical cables were laid.
EQUIPEMENT AND SERVICES SUPPLIED
- Process Study
- P&ID diagrams
- Design of new cooling, washing and pelletizing circuits
- Material lists
- 3D model of pump rooms and racks (design)
- Construction drawings (layouts, isometrics, platforms and support drawings)
- Ortho drawings
- Concrete guide drawings
- Head loss calculations and determination of operating points
- Flexibility calculations
- Platform and structure calculations
- Technical standards
- Tender specifications
- Material specifications